Tuesday, September 23, 2008

STARZ Philanthropists, Anna and John Sie

Wow!

The Down syndrome community has been blessed this year. First, we get Sarah Palin, and now this as described in Rocky Mountain News:

John Sie has a straightforward goal when it comes to Down syndrome.
The retired cable television magnate doesn't just want to finance incremental study of the condition. Over the next 10 years, he hopes to help scientists cure it.


To that end, Sie and his wife, Anna, announced Monday that they have committed $34 million to create the Linda Crnic Institute for Down Syndrome.

(want more article? go here)
Millions will go into Institute for Down Syndrome

1 comment:

Rebecca Talley said...

Hi,

I've corresponded with you before--I know your aunt, Marsha.

I'm going to design a website about DS with the positive spin on it. I'm just starting, but wondered if you'd like to share your story of your daughter? I want to have pages dedicated to personal stories so that when someone finds out their child will have DS they can come to the site and find out what a joy a pleasure it is to have a child with DS.

If you're interested let me know.